Publication of a manuscript in a peer-reviewed journal directly reflects the quality of work of the authors and the institutions that support them. For all parties involved in process of publishing (Authors, Editorial Board and Reviewers) is necessary to agree upon standards of expected ethical behaviour . The publishing process involves Authors, Editors and Reviewers. Each one of them play very important role with a defined responsibilities to meet ethical standards at each stage of their involvement during the process of publishing of manuscripts. To ensure high ethical standards Journal has developed International standard for all the parties (Authors, Editors and Reviewers) and expects all the parties to commit to these standards.
General Duties, Responsibilities and International Standards for Authors :
- Plant Archives does not ask all authors of a research paper to sign a letter of submission nor does it is impose and order on the list of authors. All authors who submit manuscript to Journal are supposed to observe International standard for authors voluntarily.
- Authors of the original research article must present the accurate data of work performed during research. Authors are expected to discuss the objective, significance and relevance of their work. Manuscript should contain sufficient information and references to guarantee the reproducibility of the work.
- Authors must certify that their manuscripts are their original work, plagiarism, duplicacy, data fabrication, falsification and redundant publications are forbidden. Fraudulent are knowingly inaccurate statements considered as unethical behaviour and are unacceptable
- Authors must ensure and certify that the manuscript has not been previously published and is not currently being considered for publication elsewhere. An author should not publish manuscripts that contain some concept and data in more than one journal. Manuscript should not be submitted to two or more journals simultaneously. Submitting the same manuscript to multiple journals is unethical publishing behaviour and it should be forbidden.
- If the authors have used the work and words of others, the author must ensure that the work and words of others are appropriately cited or quoted. Author should provide the proper acknowledgement for the work and words of others.
- If authors discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work it is authors responsibility to promptly notify the Journal Editor or Publisher for rectification.
- Contributors who have made a significant contribution in conception, design, execution and interpretation of the work should be listed as author. Others who have made significant contribution should be listed as co-authors. Corresponding author is the author responsible for communicating with Journal for publication.
- Authors are expected to acknowledge the funding resources.
- Authors must notify to the Journal for any conflict of interest.
General Duties, Responsibilities and International Standards for Editorial Board :
Editors and Editorial Board are required to follow the International Standards. Editors will adhere to the following guidelines to the best of their abilities :
- Editorial board must keep information pertaining to all submitted manuscripts confidential.
- Editorial board is responsible for making publication decisions for submitted manuscripts.
- Editorial board must strive to meet the needs of readers and authors.
- Editorial board must scrutinized and evaluate manuscripts only for their intellectual content.
- Editorial board must strive to constant improvement of their Journal.
- Editorial board must have processes in place to ensure the quality of the material they publish.
- Editorial board must maintain the integrity of the academic record.
- The editorial board must always willing to publish corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies when needed.
- Editorial board must preclude business needs from compromising intellectual and ethical standards.
- Editors must actively seek the views of authors, readers, reviewers and Editorial Board members about ways of improving the journal’s processes.
- Editors must select appropriate reviewers to judge the work.
- Editors must be guided by the COPE (Committee of Publication Ethics) in case of suspected, misconducts or dispute in authorship.
General Duties, Responsibilities and International Standards for Reviewers :
- Reviewers are expected to keep information related to the manuscript confidential.
- Reviewers must bring to the attention of the editorial board for any information that may be a reason to reject the publication of a manuscript.
- Reviewers are expected to evaluate the manuscript only for their intellectual content.
- Reviewers must also evaluate the manuscript for their originality, significance and relevance the domains of the Journal.
- Reviewers are expected to notify the conflicts of interest.
General Duties, Responsibilities and International Standards for Publisher :
- Publisher must protect intellectual property and copyright of the content submitted by the authors.
- Publisher must respect the privacy and personal data especially for authors and peer reviewers.
- Publisher must maintain close co-operation with the editors and peer reviewers for transparency and integrity of the peer review process.
- In case of alleged or proven scientific misconduct, fraudulent publication or plagiarism the publisher enclose co-operation with editors will take all appropriate measures the clarify the situation and to amend the article in question.
Plagiarism and Academic Misconduct :
It is the responsibility of the author that publish data and unpublished data must be properly credited and the appropriate permissions has been sought. In the case of licence data, authors must submit a written assurance that they have signed the data-licensing agreement with its original owner.
Author should ensure the originality of their content, while preparing a manuscript. All the article submitted to the journal shall be screened for plagiarism (online plagiarism detection software). In case plagiarism is observed during review process such manuscripts will be rejected and other steps will be considered depending the seriousness of the case. If the plagiarism is detected after publication of the manuscripts such manuscripts will be removed from our website and appropriate announcement will be done in this regard.
Copyright and Licensing :
Copyright is a form of protection given to the publishers and authors for their original work of authorship (title 17, U.S. Code). Under this license authors retain ownership of the copyright for their publications but grant license to journal publisher to publish the work in paper form and allow anyone to reuse, distribute and reproduce the content as long as the original work is properly cited. The safest way is always to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material.